Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Mission life is the life fo' me :)‏


Hey Y'all!!

The weeks are flyin faster and faster... Can't believe it's Monday
again already :)

Well this last week was so great.

Where shall we start?!
How about conference?! Yikes. It was so so so good. All my questions
were answered like always. How blessed we are to have prophets and
apostles who tell us just what God wants us to hear. I love how bold
they are, makes me so happy- lots of "God's ways never change even
though the world does." Goodness I love conference.

We watched three of the sessions with President and his family.... I
love that family so much. They have become our little family here.
They do so much for us, we are blessed to live so close by to them.
I'm glad you got that picture from sister Cusick!! I didn't know if
you still had the same # mom, so I just had her send it to dad. Next
time I'll give them yours too :)

We had a lesson with Kaitlin (the cute sweet little 18 year old) this
week. Kate (Presidents daughter... I LOVE her) came with us. Kaitlin
agreed to be baptized this month!!! She is such a sweet girl, so
sincere. Her prayer at the end of the lesson made me cry. She has told
us "I don't wanna just do it halfway, I wanna know for sure. I want it
to be my whole heart and soul that goes in the water." So sweet. I
love her!!

Wednesday was a good day!! We had dinner with Amanda, she's soooo
nice. She's a potential investigator. She is so so sweet to us. She's
from New York, has the funnest accent. We love her. Her little girl,
11, was there too. We are going back again this week to teach!!:)

Then we went to teach Carlos, and his mom and dad (sweet recent
converts) were making us dinner. Y'all know I can eat.... Hahaha but
double dinners kill me. Ha I feel sicky like the whole rest of the
week. But they were both good so it was worth it :)

Friday Sis B had a dr appointment in Tampa, so I got to drive by my
old downtown area... Tore a little piece of my heart, I miss that
place :) but at the dr, we talked to this guy and it was great. We
said hi and made some small talk, he asked where we were from and said
that he could tell that we weren't from Tampa because we were "too
happy" :). Haha. We told him why we were so dang happy and he said
he's been looking for a church!! So we referred the missionaries in
his area to him. I love talking to people everywhere we go about the
gospel,I miss doing that everyday in metro.

After the dr, president asked us to come to MLC to train on the class
we taught last Sunday in third hour on hastening the work. It was fun
to see all the missionaries I haven't seen for a while.

Oh! I loved loved loved Holland's talk on defending our faith. The
beginning of this week was kinda rough, we had some incidences of
people we met with trying to prove us wrong and what not, some anti
stuff. But all we could do was testify of the things we know to be
true. Holland said that when we defend our faith, our faith grows, and
I felt that this week. :)

We met with Jennifer this week. WE LOVE HER!!! She's 23, married to a
less active member, and has the CUTEST little boy. She is so sincere
and prepared. We love her.

Crystal left for Utah to be with her bf in Utah. We already miss her!
That's who the picture is with!! :)

Okay! Sis B and I are twins. We are seriously like turning into one
another. It's kinda crazy. We always say the same things. People ask
us if we're sisters all the time. When we contact we always start
asking the same things at the same time... It's kinda embarrassing,
like we are scripted or something hahaha. I love her.

This week we made up a funny little missionary game. We wrote down all
the Christ-like attributes from Preach My Gospel, and put them in a
bowl. Everyday we pick one out and try to focus on having that
attribute, at the end of the day we haveta guess what each other's
are. Kinda fun :)

Studies were so good this week! In PMG it says to pray to know if the
Book of Mormon is true. I've done that a couple times here on my
mission, and I get the same answer that I got when I asked the first
time when I was 14 :) i know that that book is true. And because I
know that, I know that this is Christ's church. I know that Joseph
Smith was a prophet of God, just like the prophets of old, and just
like the men we heard from this weekend. I know it I know it I know
it!! :)

I love y'all so so very much!!
One love <3

Sister Megan Burton

Here's some pics... MOM AND DAD!! Look what kind of ice cream they
have here!!!! Yummmmmmoooooo :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment