Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Missionary Mail Monday


       Well here I am sitting on Presdient's couch writing you this little
email. I seriously can't believe it's Monday already.



We have become so close with the Cusicks, it's the funnest thing.
They've become our mom and dad out here and Kate is like a sister,
it's too fun. We are helping tonight and tomorrow night with the new
missionaries coming in and the old missionaries leaving. Helping with
dinner and all that fun stuff. I love them, feel so at home with them.


Mom: you're the best. Me and sister Bailey were talking about how
awesome our moms are this week. I think of you often and how much good
I learned from you.

Dad: that email about what Houston said killed me- I was laughing so
hard! Haha. No worries, I won't be gettin married that fast! Haha. Got
a letter from you today :) tho make my week. I love you dad!


Hmmm let's see... This week was so good. They are starting to fly by
and they're getting better and better I feel like. I hope I stay on
this area until I go home. This ward is on fire and we are starting to
fit right in with the members, working together so well. I love this
ward!!


Monday is FHE with members now. We get to stay the whole night and
talk with them about missionary work... It is helping so much to get
to know the members better and help them see how easy missionary work
can be. We went to the Bezerra's.... Dad! Bro B served in the same
mission as you... He thinks he remembers you... He told me to tell you
to send a pic of you from your younger years so I can show him :).
Anyways, they are an AWESOME family. Six kids, too cute, just got
sealed a couple weeks ago, and they are the best missionaries.
Seriously. They give us a referral like once a week. They are so
natural at sharing the gospel... I want my fam to be like that. They
had another family from the ward come too, one of my favorites, too
fun!!! (That's the pic with all the fun kids)


Tuesday we had a referral we went to visit. We went in and she was so
so so happy to see us! Turns out she just moved here a month ago from
upstate NY and got baptized last summer. She hasn't been able to drive
to church because of medical reasons and she was so sad that she
hadn't been to church for a week. She told us she knew we were coming
sometime because she had a dream the Mormons were going to come find
her again :) We got her a ride this Sunday and she was so so happy!

Wednesday we had some super good lessons!! Jen is doing so so so good
and the ward is really reaching out to her. Amanda and her girl Gianna
are the cutest. Seriously. I laugh so hard over there, we were hoping
to see them at church yesterday, but they weren't able to make it.

Friday we went on exchanges. I was with Sis Larsen, her and I served
in Tampa 1 at the same time. I love her to pieces. We had a super good
time together. It's so fun how close you get with people on the
mission. I love it :)

Saturday... Holla.

Dinner with the Wards (the SUPER cute fam with the little girls). I
honestly can't get enough of them. Our goal with them is the temple. I
seriously can't wait!!! They put leggings on under their shorts when
we came over be they "wanted to be modest for the missionaries";) haha
too cute. I love them.

We had a lesson with our boy Carlos (he one who's 26). We love him so
so much. He is so fun to teach. He's praying about getting baptized
next month!!!

Sunday Bro H (Carlos's dad) text us and told us that Carlos was coming
to church and that him and his wife were so excited! I screamed for
joy like a giddy little girl. Ashely and Shannon and their two little
girls came too. The ward swallowed them up. They are the CUTEST couple
in the world. Ashley is hopefully getting baptized soon and then it'll
be temple time!!  I honestly felt so happy, I even got a lil teary. I
loved having all of them at church. Happy day.

We had an awesome lesson on Sunday too!

Then then then President had us over to tell us what we'd be doing for
the dinners. After we had s'mores and hung out by the fire-too fun:) I
love the Cusicks!!

I seriously love this. I love being a missionary so much! I dread the
day I haveta take off this tag. Sunday was the happiest I think I've
ever felt in my whole entire life (besides like the temple or family
time of course). This work is so worth it when we have those little
pieces of heaven. I hope I can be a missionary my entire life, I know
that's one reason I've been in the areas I've been in. To see these
rockin families who are so good at being good. Good moms (obvs none as
good as my own mom;)) and good member missionaries. I feel like I am
gaining so much more out of this experience than I thought I would or
even then I thought I needed. I didn't know how much I needed a
mission. I can't imagine living my life without the experiences I'm
having. I am so glad I'm here, there's no where else I would rather be
right now.


I know God lives and loves us, so does His Son. This is His church. It's true.


I love you all so so so much!!
Only four months... Yikes! :)

Love you!!
One love
Sis Megs Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment