Wednesday, May 28, 2014

You're gonna miss this

Hello hello :)

Please disregard the late hour of night of this email... We helped
with incoming missionaries today, so President said we could do them
now... No worries, I'm obedient :) we are helping tomorrow too with
outgoing missionaries. Elder Braden Lott goes home tomorrow! Crazy.
I'm starting to have good friends leave... It's sad and weird.


Momma, you're too cute. Jacob!!! You look so studly for prom!!! Tell
me all about it :) :) :) can't wait to hear.

I don't think I've ever smiled so big in MY LIFE as I did when I read
that Houston is singing in the school talent show... HOW CUTE IS
THAT!!! Please please please record that for me. You will do so good
bubba :)

Well this week was outstanding as per usual ;)

SISTER BAILEY AND I ARE STAYING TOGETHER!!!! Holla :) we couldn't be
happier. Things are going so well and glorious things are on the
horizon for this transfer.

Ethan and his older brother and DAD who is less active ALL CAME TO
CHURCH!!! It was the best day ever. I love that boy. He says he
funniest things... For example he asked me this week some question
about prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells and evolution and the plan of
salvation... Hahaha. This week we were talking about the word of
wisdom and he got all serious and asked "am I breaking God's
commandments if I...... Eat Oreos?" Completely serious. He's too cute.
Wants to be so good!!

Awesome lesson with the a part member family. The wife is a convert
and somewhat less active, but she wants her hubby to take the lessons
so we started teaching this week and yay yay yay it was such a
powerful lesson. She is SO EXCITED about him learning the gospel. It
is the cutest thing <3 do excited about them :)

Kaitlin is back!! I sure hope I've told you about her, I LOVE THIS
GIRL. She is like a cute little personality/look mix of Megan Owen and
Mitra. Cutest girl ever. We hadn't been able to teach her for over a
month, but we met with her this week and she came to church and FHE
with a member fam. I love her!!!

Insight of the week:
This week I read in Luke 10:38-42, and learned such a good lesson.
Christ comes to visit Martha and Mary. Mary sits at his feet and
listens to him while Martha goes round the house trying to straighten
everything up for her Guest. Martha asks, uhh... Shouldn't Mary be
here helping me get these things ready for You? And Christ responds
that she is busy, but Mary is actually the one who chose the good
part.

President has said before "Good opportunities are the adversary to the
best decisions."  Satan knows that he can't distract someone who is
righteous with something incredibly unrighteous. So, he sneakily gets
in by confusing us and making us busy with things that are good, but
not leaving time for the things that might be best.

This week in RS we talked kind of about this, getting caught up in the
everyday things of life and not taking the time to be grateful for the
little things. I thought of that Trace Atkins song "you're gonna miss
this" that dad always sang to me :) moments that we are having RIGHT
now we are one day going to miss. I want to soak up every single day I
live, especially hear on the mission. I don't want to get caught up in
the little details that don't matter, but live and enjoy and be
grateful for all the little moments.

So grateful for a Heavenly Father who gives us so many little moments
to be grateful for :)

Love y'all :)
Take care

Sister Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment