Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Megan's Monday missionary message


Okay... Ask me where I am. I'm sitting in a salon. Yes that's right,
imma missionary and I just got a manicure, pedicure, and a facial. I
mean.... Mission life is rough ;) our ward mission leaders wife asked
us if she could take us out for pday and this is what happened. They
are literally the SWEETEST FAMILY. This ward is incredible. I am so
blessed to be here. Any ideas of what I can do to thank them?!

Monday- Okay! The "zone Olympics" with all the missionaries turned out
to be SO MUCH FUN. I love being with the other missionaries. I feel
like I have met some of my very best friends out here... I love the
sisters I serve with SO MUCH. #sistasrule


Ethan- So I told you about Ethan right?.. The boy who is 12? He is SO
SPECIAL. And so sweet. His parents are both less active, divorced, and
going through some crazy things... This week we had a lesson with him
and his two older sisters. I love this family! The kids are so so so
good. I just hope the ward swallows them up and gives them all the
attention and love they deserve. Goodness, it's so cool that even
though he doesn't have the best fam situation he is just good. But boy
oh boy am I grateful for a good mom and dad :)

Savannah- Savannah is legit. She is 19, cute as heck, dating a less
active member. She is awesome. We went to lunch on Tuesday, told her
our purpose as missionaries and invited her to be baptized... (We were
working on being bold this week, can you tell?:)) she wants us to
teach her! She basically has not a ton of religious background. We
taught her on Thursday, and it was such a powerful lesson about
Heavenly Father, receiving answers to prayers, the atonement, and how
much this is going to bless her life. Her and I are a lot alike....
She can't wait to be a mom ;) I got all teary testifying to her how
much this is going to bless and change her life and her kids. Man. I
love teaching people my age. I mean- imma missionary- I love teaching
everyone! There's something special though about teaching people in
the same stage of life. It's fun.


Exchanges- Wednesday we got to go on exchanges! The sister I went with
is actually from Inglewood Elder Foster! :) she is so sweet. I love
going on exchanges. She has been out about 3 weeks and is feeling a
little homesick, made me think of me when i first came out:) we had a
good tearful talk and then got to work. I love her!


Maritza and Sis T- OKAY... talk about miracle of the week. So FIRST
OFF, we go to teach Sister Torres, a recent convert. She told us how
she knew the Book of Mormon was true the first time she heard about
it. Straight up had a DREAM. She told us the dream, and it was
seriously incredible. It was about the temple! She wasn't even a
member yet... Super cool right? She's awesome.

Then we started talking to her daughter, asked if we could teach her.
Maritza is 21, our age :). She is INSANELY PERFECT. We taught her
twice this week. She read the restoration pamphlet we gave her, took
notes and wrote down questions, prayed about what we taught, and WANTS
TO GET BAPTIZED.... UM HELLO MIRACLE. YES. She drew us a picture of
Christ with Moroni 10:4-5. Its incredible. The coolest thing is, we
didn't even tell her that scripture! I meant to take a pic but I
forgot... I will take one and send it next week!  She is so so so fun
to teach, so sincere. I love her!

Friday- MLC... It was in Sarasota, which is supposed to be 1 hr
away...mended upmtaking us two and a half.... Oops! There was a CRAZY
rain storm, flood warnings, and tornado warnings. We saw a car
submerged in the water. But we were safe, no worries!! Pro driver
right here :)

MLC was so so so good though! I love president so much. He talked
about faith and how that's what our missionaries need. He said, the
first 9 months I was here we have been focusing on obedience, and we
have made significant improvements in that, now he feels like faith
can be our focus. That's just what Sister Burton needed to hear too!


The next day, Saturday we prayed for miracles and boy oh boy did He
let us see them!!

First, we ran in the rain... My fave. I am obsessed with rain. And it
rains all the time here... I could stay here forever <3

We found a family of four!!! We have done service for Debra twice, she
let us "help" put her tile in. We went over on Saturday and her hubby
was asking all sorts of questions and she said we can teach her fam!!!
Mom, you are her and Joe her hubby and dad would be like best friends
I feel like. We were sooo excited!!

Then we had our rocking lesson with Maritza.

Then we had a lesson with the wards and it went so so so so good!
Sister ward opened up a lot and we are all on the same page that the
temple is all our goal for their fam. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT DAY.

Sunday was the ft Lauderdale temple dedication. So so neat!!! :) I
miss the temple so much

In the temple dedication, Elder Christofferson explained a great way
to think of the temple. He explained that when Christ came the law was
fulfilled. He explained that when sacrifices were given before the law
was fulfilled, it was supposed to be as close to perfect as possible.
The new sacrifice that is given is ourselves-- a broke heart and
contrite spirit. But in order to be the most perfect sacrifice we can
be, we must attend the temple regularly and use the atonement daily.
Through the atonement and attending the temple we can become better
and a better "sacrifice"- a more broken heart and contrite spirit.I
don't know if I said it perfectly like he said it, but that is what I
got out of it and I really loved that.


Insight of the week: quote from President Eyrings talk The Priesthood Man

"We all pray, but the (person) you want to be prays often and with
real intent. In the evening you will get on your knees and thank God
for the blessings of the day. You will thank Him for parents, for
teachers, and for great examples to follow. You will describe in your
prayers specifically who has blessed your life and how, during that
day. That will take more than a few minutes and more than a little
thought. It will surprise you and change you.
As you pray for forgiveness, you will find yourself forgiving others.
As you thank God for His kindness, you will think of others, by name,
who need your kindness. Again, that experience will surprise you every
day, and over time it will change you."

This week I made it a point to have more sincere prayers. I know his
words are true, prayer really does change us. I'm so grateful for a
Father who answers the prayers of his crazy, forgetful, full of
weakness little girl. I love Him.


I LOVE YOU ALL TONS AND CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU ON SUNDAY :) :) :)

Puppy lovin... Seriously the cutest dog I've ever seen.
Claire and I on our way to church <3
Zone Olympics!! #allidoiswin #bronzemedal
We are bein all healthy and stuff... A gallon a day. #watergirls
#carryinthejugerrywherewego
Silly faces with Ava :)
Plan of salvation fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment