Sunday, April 6, 2014

It's 80 degrees as I sit here on the porch... ;)

Hello hello everyone!!!

I miss and love you all!! This week was so so so so so so so good. I
want to be a missionary forever... I love this.

I will just try and give y'all a run down of the week, hope I don't bore you. :)

Monday:

President came by our apartment while we were doing emails... He lives
in our neighborhood, and he was out running. I love him! Anyways, he
came and saw us for a sec, then called us about 5 min after he left
and told us there was an alligator... So obviously we went and saw it.
Sister Bailey hasn't seen one yet... She's been dying... We finally
found the alligator and sis b and I took about a million pics,
modeling the gator of course ;) I will send some. Too much fun.

Then we had dinner with a member fam (Monday nights we get to go to
members for dinner now). And taught them all about hastening the work.
It was good! It was fun to be there!!


Tuesday:

Lesson with a less active. We had a member come with us, she's a
convert, and she bore a powerful testimony. It was great.

We did service for a lady we met walking around in a neighbor hood...
We helped her tile her floor. I mean, you can call me handy Mandy-
not. I didn't have a clue what i was doing. She's a super sweet lady
with a cute family, hoping for an opportunity to start teaching them.

Then we went to a baseball game of one of the primary kids... Good way
to meet new people it was great :)... They played the rangers ;)

Wednesday:

We taught Carlos again, the 26 year old. He's seriously like a dream.
We LOVE teaching him. He has so many questions and is so sincere. He
said he would get baptized if he knows the church is true! We are
excited to watch conference with him!

Then we taught Crystal. She is a recent convert, just got baptized in
November. She's moving to Utah this week, to be with her fiancé...
He's the one that introduced her to the church... Too cute. I love her
so much!! She's my age.


Thursday:

Taught Kaitlin (the cutest, sweetest, happy girl I've ever met). She
is so cute. She's 18, good friends with a boy serving a mission, and
he introduced to missionaries before he left. I love her, she's
seriously so cute... Mix of Megan Owen and Mitra... She reminds me of
both of them. Too cute.


Friday:

Shoutout: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! :) I love you.

Friday was so good. We had a lesson with a family who hasn't been
coming to church. No one from the ward has been able to get in contact
with them for months. They have three little girls 11, 8, and 6. I
mean... I'm obsessed. They are the cutest girls. The dad wasn't home,
so we had "girls night." Pizza and a lesson. The 8 year old isn't
baptized yet, so we are teaching her and the whole family. She is the
sweetest thing. I LOVE teaching kids. It's so much more fun ;) not
really, it's just easier for me, ha not as scary. She said the closing
prayer and said "please bless that the missionaries can come and watch
conference with us and that we can snuggle..."WHAT?! Yes please.
Goodness, they are just too cute for words. Then before we left, she
gave us a big hug and said "thank you for teaching us about Jesus
Christ." Okay. Cutest.

Saturday:

It was raining so hard. We could like FEEL the lighting, I mean it was
scary, but it's fine/ super cool. I can't wait for the summer
lightning storms... They are unreal.

Women's broadcast with Crystal... I LOVE HER!!


Sunday:

Um okay I love fast and testimony meeting.

Crystal got up (the recent convert). It was so so so sweet. She was
thanking all the people in the ward who had helped her, and then the
missionaries she said "you guys have changed my life." My goodness, I
love her. I'm glad she will be in Utah... We can party together.

Then a boy we are teaching, who's fam is less active, he's 11 bore his
testimony too. He said "I used to be a horrible kid (not true, he's 11
and a sweetheart) but ever since I came to church I feel different and
it's making me better. I realized that when I was doing those horrible
things, I wasn't thinking about God or Jesus,  it now that I go to
church, I think about them all the time." Okay. Talk about a happy day
for sis.Bailey and I. It was the sweetest thing.

We taught 3rd hour- combined relief society, priesthood, and young
women. It was so so fun. This ward is insanely good at sharing the
gospel. A lot of the things we used were from "The Power of Everyday
Missionaries"... You should read it !!! It's so good.

Then we went to Presidents for dinner last night. IT WAS SO FUN. I
seriously love them so so much. We are going there for a session of
conference this weekend too. Too fun!! I love them.

Things are going so good, time is flying too fast. I was talking to
sister Bailey about it last night. Time is so funny out here, feels
like I've been gone forever, and out for a month all at the same time,
it's weird... But it's starting to fly and it kinda scares me.  Just
gotta love everyday I guess, huh? :)

Man. Something in testimony meeting really stuck out to me yesterday.
Someone said something like, we know that Christ died for us, lots of
people know that. But even more than that, he LIVED for us, and lives
for us. I loved that. This gospel is so very full of hope. I am so
excited for Easter, to get to celebrate the most marvelous and hopeful
thing to ever happen. I know He lives!

Well I sure love y'all so so much!!!! Thanks for all the love. I sure
love you tons.

Sister Megan Brialle Burton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment