Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas Time in the City 12/9/13

Sooooo this week was nuts. Good as always though :)

TUESDAY was RAD!! :) I went on exchanges. In Odessa. With Sister Goodman. It was like old times all over again. I loved it. Man. That girl is my best mission-friend. I love her so so so so soooo very much. Like alot. MIRACLE happened while we were there! This guy that I taught like the very first transfer in Odessa (Lorenzo) we havent been able to get in contact (so like 8 months ago, right?). Well one of our appointments fell through and we were in the car about to pray and ask where to go. I saw Lorenzo walking and i was like Sis G! Pull over! Soooo she did, and I talked to him and he wants to learn more!! He said "I remember the way I felt when ya'll had me pray and I wanna feel that way again. I was so happy." So we got his address and number so the missionaries in his area can teach him. Rad right? We always pray about who goes where for exchanges, I felt weird about going to Odessa cause I didnt know if I just wanted to go there or if it was the Spirit, but Sis Bush felt real good about it. Good thing she was in tune, because Heavenly Father knew I needed to be there to see Lorenzo cause I'm the only one who knew him :) rad right?! God is so so mindful of His kids :)

Get this. Friday we had MLC. For the activity we went to the Donny and Marie Osmand Christmas show... weird right?! haha I'm probs getting awkward missionary status cause I felt weird anytime they'd sing a not-hymn song. hahaha :) its fine. 

Then SATURDAY... Transfer Calls. I totes thought I was outta here, but turns out I'm staying here in Metro. Sis Bush is leaving :( and IM TRAINING. a brand new sister.... AH. That makes me real scared because this area is so different than other areas (we dont teach many lessons, we dont work w/ the ward very much) so itll be interesting to train her... But I know it's what I need. I feel like this area and this transfer I have learned and changed alot... So I'm excited to learn lots more. I'm excited to get my new companion tomorrow too, I'm sure she'll be great! :) man. I'm scared. haha. it'll be so fun tho, teachin' me to rely on the Lord and obedience :) 

Sunday was great. This ward is incredible. Seriously the neatest people. We watched the Christmas Devo at Bishops house. He kept quoting the scriptures that the speakers would say, you know, like dad does? :) haha made me think of/miss him. :) 

Well well well. I love you. So much. SO so so so sooooo much. I'm so happy! I hope you're happy! Isn't Christmas time just the best?! I love the Spirit it brings! I'm so excited for it! If ya'll have any ideas of fun missionary finding/proselyting activities we could do downtown let me know... we can use all the creativity we can get :) I love you all so so so so so so so much!!

Sister Burton 

PICS!!
944- sis g and I on exchanges... after slaving away in the sun (seriously, its still super warm here... not to run it in or anything ;))  setting up for the "Night in Bethlehem" (the coolest live nativity youve ever seen) 
973- puppy of a new investigator that we found thursday night!!! :) another miracle :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment