Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas Miracles 12/23/13


First things first, did I mention that we were FULL BIKE now? Okay well we are. And it's great- we just laugh the whole time. Especially Friday night. hahaha Soooo i had already had a bunch of close calls all day friday on our bikes then we were going home for the night. I went through our gate to our apt complex and the arm fell on my head, then rebounded forward, came back and hit me in the face. Sis Millard and I DIED laughing. Man it was so funny. Theres your funny story of the week for ya :)

THIS WEEK WAS FILLED WITH MIRACLES. I'm serious. We are being so blessed its blowing my mind!!! This has been the most miraculous week yet on my mission. I'm so grateful.
Tuesday: Riding our bikes to see a less active, we stop to talk to a woman on her porch. She lets us pray with her and says she'd love for us to come teach her more about the Mormons. So we go back on Thursday, teach her the restoration lesson and SHE WANTS TO GET BAPTIZED. Miracle.

Guy comes up to us at the library, asks if he can learn more about what we teach. Miracle. 

Wednesday: Different guy comes up to us at the library, told us that "something told me i needed to talk to you",talk for a while, agreed to take the lessons. Met with him on friday. He had read the chapter we gave him in the BofM. He knows he needsta get baptized. He came to the ward party on Saturday and to church yesterday. Miracle.
Thursday: Going to see a less active. She wasnt home. Legitimately RIGHT after we walk off the porch, a mom and her little girl walk by, agree to let us come over. Miracle. 
After handing out TONS of cars at an event at the Straz in our santa hants :), we were walking and across the street we see a momma with her 3 kids (THEY ARE SO CUTE.... the boy is 3, girl 2, baby girl 9 months I am obsessed with them.). I had a feeling that we needed to talk to them, so we went all the way back around, talk to her, she agreed to let us come over, went by on Saturday. She wants to start the lessons. Miracle. 
Friday: Got a referral from the elders for a girl who works at our FAVORITE place, Taco Bus. Went and asked her if she was still interested... she is. We have an appointment with her this week. Miracle. 
Sunday: Sacrament meeting WAS SO SO SO SO SO SO GOOD. I loved every minute of it. MAN i was an emotional wreck. It was great :) 
We did a chalk activity downtown... "What are you giving for Christmas Tampa?" where everyone came and wrote/drew w/ chalk. there was lotsa people. It was rad. Met a guy who moved here 3 years ago and hasnt been to church since... got his address so the other missionaries in his area can go see him. Miracle. 

Crazy miraculous week huh? I know with all my heart this is God's work. There is no way we could do it without His hand, it's be impossible (my favorite scripture Alma 26:12)  I know that He lives and He loves us so much. He is SO mindful of His children. He wants them to come home to Him.
I know that His Son is Jesus Christ. I know that He lives too, that His love is infinite and eternal, and so is His Atonement. I know that we can change and become better only because of Him. He knows us individually... every little thing and He loves us perfectly. How happy I am to be able to testify of Him... of His birth, His Atonement, His resurrection, and His love. I love Him. I know He lives. 
This has probably been the most treasured week thus far. I am a grateful girl. I love you guys SO much!!  SOO much. Mom, Dad, Jake, Blake, Bubba, and Ky... I cant express to you how excited I am to see you in TWO DAYS :) I've been so anxious.  Merry merry Christmas :) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment