Monday, April 29, 2013

Hello hello from the prettiest place in America :)


How are ya'll?? Eh??
 
First off, MOM- Your email. I was DYING of laughter. Absolutely dying. hahaha. I miss you SO much... We get to talk soon :):) Ask me how excited I am. I'm also excited to get that letter you're talking about.
DAD! your letters... You are the best. I LOVE YOU! Ask me if I saw a Steak and Shake the other day and about died. I am gonna haveta wait till I get a different companion though cause mine are all healthy- what's up with that?! ;)
I hope you guys got that letter I sent!
 
Well once again I dont have much time... SPIRIT BALL (what in the world is that?!) w/ the district... Woo! Me and all my athletic abilities... ;) HA should be a fun fun time.  
 
This past week has been really slow to be honest. WE NEED TO FIND PEOPLE TO TEACH. It's killing me. Literally. Louie is being a punk... Looking up lots of Anti stuff and what not. Not being his normal happy, loving self. It hurts my heart :(  But, it's okay! :) Heavenly Father is very VERY aware of Him. I just need to patient! That is definitely one of the things Heavenly Father is teaching me out here... patience in His timing :)
 
Robbie and Bailey have been on my mind alot this past week. We gave a lesson on the plan of salvation last week and it was all I could do not to cry. I am SO grateful to know that I get to live w/ ya'll forever. I hope you know that that's my very very favorite thing about this gospel. I know it's true and my testimony of forever families has been strengthened so much already out here. Im like craving to go to the temple, that's good right?! I love Heavenly Father's plan. Everyone in the whole wide world deserves to here it, don't you think?! I think so.
 
We had a lesson w/ a part member family last night. She's a member, he is not. They are 80 years old and totally kickin it- they are the healthiest old people I've ever seen. He is the sweetest guy, with the sweetest heart he just has no desire (yet ;)) to join the church. She has the STRONGEST faith and testimony. Oh boy oh boy how happy would the day be when he would be baptized. I'm praying for that day! Can you imagine not being able to be sealed to your hubby? all there kids and grand kids are active members, so he's doin something right :) I hope we continue working w/ them. They're wonderful.
 
What else?! OH!!! We got to teach in Primary yesterday!!! Can you say best day ever?! Boy oh boy I love kids. They seriously have the strongest testimonies. The kids down here blow me away. We challenged them by giving them these tickets that say "I have prayed and want to give a Book of Mormon to__________" And then when they pray and decide who to give it to, we will give them a copy to give to their friend. A couple kids came up to us after and gave us their tickets all filled out- how cool huh?! They are the cutest little missionaries. Missionary work seriously is a two way effort of members working with the missionaries. I LOVE THE MEMBERS HERE. They bless our lives everyday!
 
I was lookin at the cover of my journal the other day and this is what it says "Everything you are learning now is preparing you for something else". How true is that? Especially now here out on my mission. I know that everything I learned before my mission prepared me (kinda ;)) and everything I'm learning now is preparing me to be a better missionary here on my mission, a better missionary at home, to be a better mom, a better wife (i bake now, yeah i know ha), and a better follower of my Savior. Part of Heavenly Father's plan is CONTIUALLY progressing, learning and BECOMING. Becoming more like our Savior step by step everyday.
 
Gotta go, Spirit Ball is calling ;) who in the world knows what that is? haha I love you all SO much!!! SO much!!! Have a faboulous week!!!
Mom, I still cant stop laughing, thinking about your email. hahahahaha I love you!!!
 
One Love,
Sister Burton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment