Wednesday, February 12, 2014

SO MUCH IS GOING ON.... I think the work is hastening :)‏


Seriously, I feel like there are so many flipping awesome things going on right now. SERIOUSLY.I don't think I've been this happy in my whole life. 

Wednesday we got invited to MLC, so we went (duh) and it was INCREDIBLE. The best training I think I've ever had. We had two people from the missionary department come and train us.... (cause we're getting ipads... tomorrow!!... ya that's right)  They taught us how to be better teachers and MAN is it helping SO much. I feel like imma brand new missionary learning all over again. We found 6 new investigators... we TRIPLED our goal! Heavenly Father is blessing us SO much!!! 

Everyone keeps talking about this sense of "urgency" to share the gospel, hasten the work and whatnot. I'm gonna be honest, I wasn't quite feeling it... just kinda going about the usual routine. But after this week BOY AM I FEELING IT!!! This work is ROLLING. Seriously. This is God's work and it's hastening. 

Lemme tell ya bout some of the ppl we found this week. 

Johnson (real name is like Ugochuku... he's from Nigeria... west Africa for those of you... like me... who don't know where that is). HE IS THE FUNNIEST PERSON I HAVE EVER MET. Seriously. He is SO sarcastic, and so funny. Sis Millard and I were cracking up. He's really interested too! I met him 2 weeks ago on a mini metro exchange, then sis M and i met up with him this week, and he wants to meet up again. He is a student at UT. He is seriously so funny. And it's super fun to teach him cause we can be extra bold with him, cause it fits his personality. He's the man.

We contacted a referral, and it ended up bein a mom and 15 year old daughter. Ty (the daughter) was soooooo shy during the lesson. I just kept thinking about how good young womens would be for her... How much I wanted her to see that she was a daughter of God, and what that means. I felt so much love for her so fast. Goodness. I've never taught a teenager before. It was neat. We are meeting with them again this week!!

There is so stinking much to tell you!!! This week was so solid!

OKAY. GET THIS. This whole online thing is SO stinking inspired it KILLS ME!! Soooo we met this guy on Bayshore... (the prettiest road in all of tampa... i'm obsessed) while we were cleaning up trash one day after the parade about 3 weeks ago. I think I told you that already. Anyways, so we meet this guy who lives in Brandon, asks where church is. We get his email so we can send him the address. So we email him the addresses along w/ a video from mormon.org... He writes us back and tells us how inspiring it is. Asks what the difference between mormon and baptists is... "LET ME TELL YOU!!"... restoration right?....
soooooo we send him a brief overview of lesson one along with another mormon.org video about Joseph Smith with L. Tom Perry. He said back " the video is amazing ! i didn't know this existed , it makes me wonder and want to know more!" 
He wants to meet with us this week!!! HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is so prepared it is blowing my mind!!!


Okay, last one then i promise i'll keep it down :)
SOOOOOO remember the family I told you about like 3 months ago that we met outside the strip mall having a bday party and invited us to come and eat cupcakes with them?! Well anyways one of them is a 23 year old girl, super sweet. I had friended her on FB, talked a few times, but then she like deleted me... (sad day, right?). SO THEN Sis Millard needed a haircut today, so we went to get it done. The receptionist turned out to be her!!!!! She came and gave me a huge hug, her new FB account (she had deleted her old one), and her phone number. She said she has been having a rough time, feeling really down and confused, and that she prayed this morning on her way to work for some help. She said she knows that it was no coincidence that we came in today, she knows it was God. I can't wait to start teaching her!!! 

MAN!!! I feel like things are going so good, time is going so fast. I am just LOVING every minute, trying to soak it all up. 

Bro. Lewis (our WML) is seriously the MAN. I feel like he's my dad here. I love him SO MUCH. He makes me miss you dad! 


Hermana Snow and Graves moved in with us... so we aren't doin Metro motel very much anymore, which is totes good, cause now we can focus on our investigators more!!! Annnd I love them, I haven't laughed so hard. hahahaha they are so fun!!! 

I LOVE THIS WORK. It's so true. It's seriously the most important thing in the world. I'm so glad I'm here. 

I love you all so so so so so much!!!
Sister B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment