Monday, August 5, 2013

Hey hey hey from FLORIDA!!!‏


Well well well. Thanks so much for all the birthday wishes!! You are all the best :) I wish I could do something for YOU!! 

Few things better than having your birthday fall on a P-day;) Can I just start off by saying that Sis. Goodman is the BEST?!?! She's so cute. She made a scripture scavenger hunt for me this morning... she's the best. Other than that our plans are to go to Buffalo Wild Wings after this with all the other Elders and Sisters, than we're goin' to the church where they have some sort of "suprise"... who knows?! ha. Then, the Catmull's (the COOLEST FAMILY EVER) are having us over for dinner (I think they're gettin me chick-fil-a... they know me well;)) !! THEN- we have two DOPE appointments!!! So, it'll be a great birthday!! :) 

So, this week was pretty much Dope city. Saturday especially was the best!! We ditched out the practice for singing the national anthem at the Ray's game and decided to go to the Baptism in our ward instead. Can i tell you how happy i am that we went there instead?! It was the coolest thing. They have the coolest story too:
So the husband got baptized as a youth, but hasnt been coming to church for a while. He started coming like two and a half months ago. They have the two CUTEST little girls (they look like Kylee). Anyway, he started coming back, got the priesthood, the Elders started teaching his wife (who is the coolest) and on Saturday he got to baptize his wife!!! IT WAS THE NEATEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. After she got baptized they hugged  in the font... It was the coolest thing to see... yes i cried DUH!! Their family is going to be forever changed! SO NEAT. She was glowing like ALL day yesterday too. We (us and the elders) want to come back for their sealing. COOLEST THING EVER. I was a little jealous that the elders gotta teach her.... but it's fine :) haha. Such a happy day!!

THEN, saturday was the ray's game too!!! SOOO MUCH FUN.... I felt normal... (is that bad) haha. It was fun. Reminded of me of Ranger games:). All the other missionaries sat together in a huge group, but us and the elders sat with our AWESOME  ward. It was fun- they're like my little family for now :) the Catmull's drove us down. They're the best. They have a daughter who just went to Ecquador on her mission a couple months ago... so they take good care of us :) I love them!

Yesterday, a girl who is engaged to one of the member's came to church and we getta start teaching her tonight!! HOLLA :) we are excited about that!! Bill came to church yesterday too! And to the baptism!! He is really feeling the Spirit and he recognizes it!! (which is great cause lots of the people we're teachin dont always recognize it). Testimony meeting was awesome too- lotsa people talked about missionary work!

Friday Bishop Turnbow had asked me to speak at Brother Chris Taylor's funeral (if you remember him, he is less-active we are teaching his wife). There were lots of nonmembers their. Can I tell you how grateful it made me to know the plan of Salvation?! I KNOW with all my heart that death is not the end! In fact, it's just a step of the plan. We will get to see those we love again. Their in the Spirit World just waiting for us :) my word. The more I learn about the plan the more i realize how BLESSED we are to know it. Can you imagine NOT knowing it?! I cant. It'd be bad news bears. Sooooo... that's what I wanna teach every single person here in Florida... "Wanna be happy?!... Lemme teach you about God's plan of HAPPINESS.... IT IS THE BEST". I love the plan of Salvation. That's all. 

Well well well, I hope you all know just how much i absolutely LOVE you. You help me to keep going :) I LOVE YOU!!! Stay happy, be safe, be good!

I love you!!! 

Sister Burton 


No comments:

Post a Comment