Tuesday, March 12, 2013

2nd Letter


FAMILY.
 
Here I sit, at a library in Florida. I only have like 15 minutes, so I won't be able to do this past week any justice but I will try.
 
Monday: flight to tampa, slept the whole way on the plane, stayed at the mission home. Ask me if President Summerhays and his wife are the best people around. Well, you guys aren't around here so yes, yes they are. I felt so comforted and at home with him. I stayed with my 2 Tampa best friends from the MTC. Sister Allison Bowe and Sister Keri Beck. We are plannin on living together at byui after. They are seriously the best- couldn't speak any higher of them. They remind me of my home best friends :)
 
Tuesday: woke up, orientation, met my new companion....S. I'm in a trio. Sister Williamson is 26 years old, she's been out for like 15 months. She's from Mesa.  She's like my momma out here. She's sooo nice, sweet, and patient. I love her alot and I am learning SO much from her. Sister Daniels has been here for five weeks. She's from Salt Lake. President called us the two blondes :) I saw an alligator my first day! Our apartment is in the 2nd biggest appartment complex in America (cool eh?). It's huge. ha. There's a lake out our back window... IT IS BEAUTIFUL here. I'm obsessed.
 
Wed,Thurdsday,Friday: Ummm just studys, trying to find people to teach (we dont have any investigators... YET :) ) I was super super super homesick for the first like four days... Like I wanted to come home kind of homesick. It was rough. I don't think I realized how much I love ya'all :). Geez I miss you.  But once we got out of the apartment and started doing things it got better.Thursday we had a district meeting (ELDER B. LOTT is in my district, sweet huh?) but I saw Sister Bowe there and she was in the same boat as me, so it was SOO good to see her and also to know that I wasn't the only one struggling.
 
Saturday: In this area we are over the Odessa Area. Us (the sisters) over half and the Elders (who are HILARIOUS) over the other half. They had a baptism, so we went. Soooo good for me. Definitely cheered me up. After, Bishop gave us all missionaries blessing for the new transfer. HOLY COW I LOVE THE PRIESTHOOD. All my scaredness went away.
 
I am SOOO thankful to be here. I know it's where I'm supposed to be, what I'm supposed to be doing. I've gotta go to dinner, so I can't write anymore  (the members here are THE BEST). I love you all so much!!! Thank you daddy for the letter- it honestly made everything better. I love you. Mom! thanks so much for the package!! I loved the picture Kylee :) it's in my room!! Huey and Blake thanks for the notes!! Jake? I didnt get anything from you, Whats up with that?!  ;) I love you all SO much!! Talk to you next week!!
Sorry its so short and brief. I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment