Monday, June 24, 2013

Scary Sunday Night!!!


Well Hello hello :)
 
So.... Thought I would start out w/ a scary story.... Seriously the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. It all started last night, at 11:56 when I woke up to a knock at the door. I sat up in bed when all of the sudden, there was another knock. AH. At this point Sis. Goodman is still out cold. I walk down the hallway to peek around the corner to make sure the door is locked, which it is, then notice the blinds arent shut (we have a HUGE sliding door w/ blinds) So I start walking over to close the blinds, when i hear rattling behind the door... doorknob moving and all. LIKE SOMEONE IS TRYING TO GET IN. I ran the fastest that I've ever ran in my life... turn on the lights, but Sister Goodman is still out cold. So I sit in my bed for about two seconds FREAKING OUT trying to decide if I'm making this all up in my head (it's midnight, im tired). Then, I finally wake her up. We go close the blinds together and say a prayer and sing hymns. I'm still scared outta my mind, so she comforts me like the best little companion that she is :) I love her! After about an hour and a half, I finally fall asleep. So this mornin, we wake up and there's a note... from our neighbor. I left the keys in the door, and she was trying to return them.... OOOOOPS. hahahha So all that scaredness for nothing. OOOOPSADAISY!! haha
 
So, now that that horrific story is over, Let me tell you about this glorious week! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! Did ya'll see the Broadcast last night?!?! Talk about MEMBER MISSIONARIES!! So exciting!! Missionaries getta use FaceBook?! WHAT?! It's crazy all the changes that will happen! But it's absolutely GREAT!! I'm so grateful for leaders of the church who are inspired by our Father in Heaven! I'm so excited to see all the blessings that will come from this!! Working real close w/ the ward council is exciting and something we've been trying realllll hard to do. YAY! (ps. I would like you to know that when they talked about Tampa, the missionaries in that part were Sister Bowe and Sister Mortensen and that the sacrament meeting with President Patrick... I was there when they filmed it.. if you look real close you can see me in the back right... :))
 
Well, Ta'shanda is really progressing! We had 3 lessons with her this week w/ members and a couple of lessons w/ just us. The Elders in our ward had a baptism (it was really cool, a recent convert baptized his best friend) and TaShanda got to come to that, she LOVED it. She is so easy to teach, so humble and has SUCH strong faith. She always talks about how this church does things "the right way"- which she means by the Priesthood. I love her :) Our date for her baptism is scheduled for the 6th of July! We are so excited for her!! She's the best!
 
We found a family of four this week!! They are great!! Then we found a cute little older lady named Dottie and her grandson (who has some interesting ideas about religion) that we have a return appointment with tonight!! We went tracting on like the best road in America I'm pretty sure. Seriously. EVERY single house had like the NICEST people ever. We knocked on one door and was talking to this SUPER nice guy, his little girl named Maycee (4 years old) came out. She grabbed my hand and whispered "Hey, I needta tell you something... I love you.".... SO STINKING CUTE HUH?!?! I raced with her down the hill a couple of times while Sis. Goodman talked to the dad. We have a return appointment with them too!!! I'm SUPER excited. They are a super super great family!!
 
The Lord is leading us to people who have been prepared. I know that He is SO very aware of His children, and that means that He's aware of you and me :) I know He is. I love Him! and I love you!! :)
 
Well thats bout it, we are havin a Bday party today for Elder Scribner! That should be REAL fun! Then I'm going to Tampa 4 on exchanges w/ sister Bowe!! I dont wanna leave Sister Goodman though, haha its funny. I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!
 
Be safe, have fun, be happy, be nice, share the gospel, and DONT LEAVE YOUR KEYS IN THE DOOR :)
I love you SO so much!!!
 
Sister Burton
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment